Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 1 . . . Disneyland and California Adventure!

























































































































We had 3 day hopper passes to Disneyland and California adventure ( I hadn't been to Disneyland since I was 10, alot has changed in 25 years! But the feeling is still the same! ) Our motel was right across the street and it was only a five minute walk to maingate. We had so much fun the first day. The park was not crowded at all. The longest we waited was for 30 minutes for the Nemo ride. All the other rides we just walked on or waited 5 to 10 minutes max, it was wonderful. The weather was perfect too. When we were walking into the park and turned the corner with the castle in full view, Amalia put her hand over her mouth and gasped, it was too cute! We had no idea that Toad's Wild Ride would scare Amalia. I didn't even know she was crying until I felt something wet trickling on my arm. I felt so bad for her. Anyone who knows my girls know they don't like intense or dark. So we got the hang of which rides they would like after a few mishaps. We didn't even try for Snow White's Scary Adventure:) They loved getting wet on the Grizzly log ride ( which suprised both Felipe and I) and the highlight of our day was having lunch at Ariel's Grotto with the princesses ( Karolina was a little reserved about getting her picture taken) and of course the Dumbo ride was the girls favorite! We rode that several times!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hester said...

i love it all! especially amalia with the princesses. I myself haven't been to disney for 12 years. I think its time to return soon! also i can't believe karolina is almost 7 for pete's sake

5:37 AM

 
Blogger amy k said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Amalia looks like she is in heaven with all the princesses, and her smile is so cute.

7:48 AM

 
Blogger Alice said...

I started to go to Disneyland in 1955. It certainly has CHANGED over the years but it looks like the girl had a lot of fun.

8:40 AM

 
Blogger bonny with a Y said...

i'm so glad you guys had fun - we love disneyland too - but the long days are a killer.

2:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home