Saturday, January 14, 2012

Never too late to re-purpose!


When I was dejunking this summer I came across my prom dress from 20 years ago. . .I thought it would make cute Christmas skirts for Amalia and Karolina. So I just chopped off the bodice and used all the fabric from the full skirt. My mom sewed the original dress from 1992 and she helped me with the girls skirts ( I have a fear of putting in zippers:) I thought they turned out cute especially paired with the tights Grandma brought back from Switzerland. What can I make with my other prom dress . . . . .?

4 Comments:

Blogger hanner said...

haha! i love it. you didn't want to make them off-the-shoulder dresses too?? :)

2:18 PM

 
Blogger grannybabs said...

I used left over wedding dress fabric - your mom made my wedding dress - and she made the dress we made from the leftover stuff - it was a very cute dress - and there is not a picture anywhere of it. So you will just have to take my word for it!!

The skirts are very cute - so are the tights!! (So are the girls!!)

11:10 PM

 
Blogger Angela said...

They are even cuter in person, I love the prom picture :)

8:29 PM

 
Blogger Perschon Family said...

ooo...what a great idea! i have a bunch of dresses i could turn into cute baby dresses...may have to have you help me with that! your girls look so cute in those skirts!

8:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home