Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Dresses/Mumus!!







Betsy bought me this fun bright fabric last year and I saved it to sew their Easter dresses for this year. I found a cute pattern and I was so excited to sew them. They turned out nice but very WIDE! Felipe affectionatley calls them "mumus ( moo moos, I'm not sure how to spell that!) " . I didn't realize the pattern ran so big and short. If I didn't add an extra tier to Karolina's it would have been too short, and if I would've realized that when I cut them out I would have added an inch to each tier proportionately, but I didn't:) I have realized what makes sewing enjoyable for me. Simple patterns--- meaning no gathers, zippers or buttons and a pattern I can easily add length to ( I love longer dresses)! Suprisingly, there are so many options for little girls with these qualifications! I think I have achieved my sewing fix until Christmas, I'm a little bit "sewn" out:) But it is very fun to sew especially for girls!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

The dresses are cute. Next time just make them a bit narrower on each tier. That should solve the problem. I had the same problem with your dresses. Both you and Betsy were tall and lean and the size that fit was way too short. IT is easier to add than to subtract. They look great nonetheless.

10:34 PM

 
Blogger Felipe and Erika said...

I think I am going to take the bottom tier off Karolina's and they'll both have a shorter length.

10:46 PM

 
Blogger Alice said...

That will probably look really good since I think that they were meant to be shorter.

12:39 PM

 
Blogger bonny with a Y said...

they look great - so summery!

4:59 PM

 
Blogger Phoebe said...

i am impressed (as alwyas) by your sewing prowess.

2:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home